Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Girlies


These are the girlies of our house in one of my favorite pictures from the summer. The taller one with blue eyes is Ellen Rebecca (Ellie) and the "shortstack" with the green eyes is Erin Lee. We didn't intend to give them both E names, it just sort of worked out that way. Ellie is named for her grandmothers, and Erin has the same middle name I share with my grandmother. The name "Erin" was a whim. We always joke that we named her that because it means "peace", and as she was our third baby in less than four years, that sounded pretty good. The neat thing about their names (which we didn't even realize until Erin was a couple months old) is that their initials sort of spell each others' name. Erin's initals are ELY (Ellie) and Ellie's initials are ERY (Erin-sort of).

They are 4 and 2, both with February birthdays. I like to dress them like this. They call it "matching twins". My mom is hesitant about it since it will mean that the clothes Ellie hands down to Erin will be the same outfits she's already had...spoken like a younger sister. I don't do the matching clothes very often, but I really love it when I can.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me smile! :)

Thanks for changing the posting. Will that change it on Julia's and Mart's, too?

Why is it that your pictures don't come through very clearly? Is it my computer? Julia's and Mart's seem fine.

See you at the fair!
Mom

Jewels said...

I used to always dress my girls the same and I just asked them how old they were when they didn't want to do that anymore, and they broke it to me ... they never liked to, at least Maria didn't. But I do have many happy smiling pictures of them together dressed alike. Now they just have old navy big sis & little sis shirts but Maria doesn't like to wear them at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Your girls are adorable! They remind me of a miniature Bobbi and Martha. It's funny how we re-create ourselves in our kids, without even intending to do so. Oh well, I'm looking forward to reading about you and your family on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Your girls are adorable! They remind me of a miniature Bobbi and Martha. It's funny how we re-create ourselves in our kids, without even intending to do so. Oh well, I'm looking forward to reading about you and your family on your blog.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog Bob! You are an inspiration ... someday I'll aspire to be a wonderful mom like you. :) Thanks for taking time to chat tonight - you are a blessing! Love you! KC

Team Smith said...

Wow, how I miss the girlies! Great picture! It is so nice to be able to keep up with you through this blog.

love,
Mart

Team Smith said...

Wow, how I miss the girlies! It is great being able to keep up with them through this blog.

love ya,
Mart

Anonymous said...

Be careful about the "shortstack" comments there, Mom -- some of us never outgrew that challenge! Hopefully they both have height genes from some other part of the family.
Love, AB

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so cute and remind me of when I had three little girls. It seems like a life time ago so enjoy them!