Wednesday, October 11, 2006

One-Man Star Wars Trilogy

Doesn't the title of this post just say it all? Last night Matt and I met up with his sister, Carrie, and two of her daughters, Megan and Emily, to go to a very unique performance entitled "One-Man Star Wars Trilogy". This guy came out on stage with no props, no costumes, no scenery, and acted out the entire trilogy (episodes 4, 5,& 6) in about an hour. (I hope picturing this makes you laugh.) He did voices and sounds, sang the music, and was all over the stage...I thought it was hillarious! There were a few Jedi in the audience with their light sabers, and I got a picture of our party with some of them afterwards (much to Emily's dismay!).


I've only gotten into Star Wars over the past few years, and I attribute a lot of it to Carrie's influence. She's the one who loaned me the books...sort of my Star Wars go-to girl. After last night I'm ready to go back and watch all the videos again, but I still don't own a light saber or a functioning R2-D2!

Another funny thing that happened today as I was looking over the program from last nght's show...On the cover the date was given as October 10, 2007. I read it and thought (seriously thought!), "OH! It's 2007?! I've been writing checks wrong! Is it really 2007?!" About 30 seconds later I was straight again, but I'm still laughing at myself that I could've even thought that. I guess my mind was still in a galaxy far, far away!

6 comments:

Jewels said...

It would take me that long to get straight, too.

Anonymous said...

So when I start to write 1976 on a check it's OK??? I really have trouble with the year quite often. Somebody please tell me I am not losing it!

Love
Mom

Anonymous said...

I think Uncle Matt looks a little too happy holding that light saber!
Love, Megan (Jedi Knight)

Bob said...

I was thinking the same thing, Megan! He was just surrounded by such nice company that night....or maybe it's just the joy of being one with the Force!

Team Smith said...

From one jedi to another, "Use the force, Matt."

Eric for Team Smith

Anonymous said...

Bobbi,

Wow! I never really took you as the "Star Wars type". The things we learn through blogs!