Friday, November 03, 2006

One Lucky Mommy


When Joe was two, he used to do this little role call whenever we sat down for lunch. In his tiny, little boy voice, he'd say, "One baby Ellie, one big boy Joseph, and one lucky mommy!" Last night I felt like I had earned that title all over again, when I walked into Joe's bedroom and found his first-ever note written to me in his own handwriting. I had just finished tucking him in when Matt went into his room and found him laboring over his little magnadoodle. By the time Matt got there, he had written, "Der M..." Matt helped him spell "dear" correctly, then Joe finished the "Mommy" and left the note laying on his bed where I would see it when I went in to wake him up this morning. He was so thrilled with himself! He told me how he wished he had more room so that he could have written, "I love you." "Of course," he said, "Daddy would have had to help me with the heart." Tonight he got another magnadoodle and finished the message. It's not luck...I AM SO BLESSED!!!

3 comments:

Jewels said...

Very cute.

Anonymous said...

A heart full of hemigana, eh, Mom?

I think we can rule out MD in his future; it's legible.

Keep up the good letters, Joe!
Love,
AB

Anonymous said...

Bob

This one made me teary. It is so very precious and I am so glad you captured it on film. There are many first in a child's life, but what could be more important than communicating one's love for mommy. Give that boy an extra hug. He is a keeper. :)

Baboo