Monday, August 13, 2007

Walk in the Park

Matt went back to school today, unofficially, to work in his classroom, which left me home alone with all four kids for the first time. I'm happy to say that we had a great day, which all began with an outing to the park in the morning. I just love walking behind my kids as they run, jump, and skip down the sidewalk to the park. As I follow them, marveling at their energy and overwhelmed with how much I love them, I always become sentimental and am just so thankful for another day to seize. I wish I had a picture to share here, but I forgot my camera...better that than the baby, I figure. The weather was beautiful, the first day we've had that is starting to hint that summer could come to an end. We had the whole playground to ourselves, and we played hide and seek. Then the kids got into a pretty elaborate game about good guy and bad guy castles, and the mulched area was water, so they couldn't walk there, etc. It just felt good to be the mom and to be truly enjoying the same stuff my kids were. What a beautiful morning!

Here's a completely unrelated picture. I just wanted to show what Daniel looks like with his eyes open.

2 comments:

Jewels said...

Cute picture! He doesn't look like Uncle Alan, yet ;)

Sounds like an awesome morning and you are enjoying the time!

Anonymous said...

So, are we taking wagers on what color they'll end up? The eyes, that is.

The park games remind me of the Harry Potter I finally decided I couldn't wait for from the library. Sharing fantasy is a special window into a human mind.
Love,
AB