Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pretty in Pink

My aunt just sent me an article on how all this pink, princess-y stuff is giving our girls very little to aspire to, and I have to say, I agree. After all, what does a princess do all day? Keep her hair neat and tidy while waiting for Prince Charming to come kiss her?! Matt and I have tried to create a balance between girly and tough, with God's Word being our guide of what makes a good woman. Anyway, I read the article the day after I got this picture of Erin. Yes, she's wearing pink pajamas and pink slippers, but with the cape, she's "Super Erin" with about five exclamation marks! I love it!


And their favorite colors are turquoise (Ellie) and "rainbow" (Erin - she likes them all), so I'm encouraged that, by God's grace, we seem to be doing something right.

"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future." Proverbs 31:25

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob,
I am catching up on all your blog posts! I love them ALL. :) You have such a beautiful family! I love the pink post. Yes, I love too, that Abbi loves her pink jammies and other pink items... but also really enjoys being the color of DIRT outdoors playing kickball, digging up worms, making mud donuts (always fun to clean up) and other more "crusty" adventures. I think you and I are both crusty pink girls, too? :) I love the word crusty. :)

Love you. Abbi is enjoying 6th grade, but it's HARD! Holy moly! Math and History are not too fun... but she loves reading and art! xoxo Pol

p.s. Have a fun Labor Day weekend! Ours is pretty packed, I'll take lots of pictures! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Recently listened to a woman in peach (that's a form of pink, right?)who came closest yet to running this place....so I guess pink jammies are OK -- with attitude!
Love,
AB

Jewels said...

This is an awesome post and great picture!!! I think you are doing it right Bob.