Sunday, January 04, 2009

The Difference A Year Can Make

We un-decked the halls yesterday, which was great fun...
we heard a sermon on joy this morning, which was very convicting... and we're back to school tomorrow. I've been thinking about our Christmas vacation last year, which was when we very suddenly (long story) decided to begin homeschooling Ellie. The break was spent obtaining a curriculum, setting up the schoolroom, and, most of all, getting mentally adjusted to the idea of being homeschoolers. This break has been far more relaxing, to say the least. I'm thankful for the lessons learned over the past year, and for the fact that they were taught by the kindest and best Teacher. So, let our winter term begin! There's joy to be found in every moment.

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." James 1:2-4

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob, you are the BEST! Your blog just makes me so happy. :) I love you and that picture of the kids is hilarious. I bet Daniel was smiling. ;) Abbi is back to school today, too. waaaah. But JOY in all things, right? Momma is still sad... :( XOXO

Cheryl said...

Bobbie, We are sooo sad about the break and all the fun holiday stuff being over. I was thinking about you today as I watched my kids go off to school. You are lucky to be home with them all day. (Even though it may exhaust you ... you will never regret it.) Have a good day back at "school"! :) Remember the days of teaching at Potomac? Seems like an eternity ago! Your students now are a little bit different, I bet!

Bob said...

Cheryl - I always remember this day as being the hardest one of the teaching year...and I always remember you saying that it was all downhill from here! Having the kids at home is awesome...and tiring...but I even love the tiredness.

Pol - I love how you wear your heart on your sleeve. Hope you got through your day OK, and as Cheryl says, "It's all downhill to summer from here!" :)