Thursday, January 01, 2009

Thankful Thursday #2

Today I'm thankful that my son loves my singing voice. I know as well as anyone that I can only carry a tune in a very large bucket, but he thinks I should be making my own CD's. I love it that when he's going to sleep at night, he begs me to sing him songs, and then always tells me how good the song sounded. Someday he may hear how limited my singing abilities are, but I hope he still has warm memories of our favorite bedtime songs. What a blessing to be a mother!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Your Joe sounds a lot like my Jake. Can't say goodnight until the songs have been sung! I keep telling him that he is going to have to move across the street from me when he is a man so I can come over at night and sing him to sleep. :) I love it, though ... really I do. I will miss it. Enjoy it while we can!! Happy New Year! (I'm glad you figured out Caroline's signs.. and yes, that is the paint I was talking about. It will be changed soon!)