Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Tonight I'm thankful that 50 years ago today, the most wonderful man I know was born.

I used to always joke that Matt was a smart guy and that's why he married me. Now I know the truth... He is an incredibly kind and patient guy, and that's why he's married to me...happily! I'm so thankful for his great love for me and the kids, which is displayed every day in his servant-like attitude around our home. He's my greatest fan and supporter in my role as a homemaker and homeschooling mom, for which I am also most grateful. He keeps life fun for all of us, and we were so glad to celebrate him today!

We had a simple family party tonight, as the bigger get-together will be this weekend. A few gifts and cards, a good dinner, and some family games made for a special night.
We are also so thankful for the many people who have sent Matt cards. He has really enjoyed hearing from so many friends, near and far. What an encouragement! The cards are awesome...very fun! The kids have had a blast with the ones that have sound. The Star Wars theme played in our house for about an hour today (Beau and Megan!!). Thank you so much to everyone! We have such a great group of friends and family!
So, it's a very thankful Thursday. We have more blessings than we could ever count!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday, Matt. . . did you get my birthday e-mail? Of course I was going to send you a "real" card, but the procrastinator in me just wouldn't let me. Hope you had a great day!!