Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Tonight I'm very, very thankful for our little Erin who celebrated her fifth birthday today. We knew she was five because she was so much bigger...when she woke up the first thing she told us was that the ground looked farther down today because she had grown! She had a wonderful day, and it was a joy to be able to bless her in so many ways. First of all, Joe and Ellie had doubled up some of their school work yesterday, so we could take the morning off of school to play and have fun with the birthday girl. This meant Erin could stay in her pajamas a little longer than usual which was truly a treat for her. She loves that! Her gift that she got first thing in the morning was her very own Beta fish.
She named him Rainbow, and I would say she loves him about as much as a fish can be loved. She got to wear a special outfit of her own choosing, choose all our meals for the day, have a little extra video time and an extra long story time, got a couple more gifts through the day (including her first two-wheeler), and basically, just got made much of! Ellie took on the role of "professional" (as she called herself) and made a checklist of all the birthday activities, which was very sweet.
So now I no longer have a four-year-old girl. To me, five is a milestone, which ends the little girl years and starts the schoolgirl years. What a joy to see it all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Bob she is precious! I love that Ellie made the list. Also that Erin loves to stay in her jammies. Abbi would LIVE in her jammies if we let her. She adores days when she can just change jammies before bed since she's had the ones from the night before on all day long. hehe (yes she does take a shower in between) :)

What did she pick to read and what does she pick for her meals? I'd love to get to know your kids! I can't wait to see them all this summer perhaps?

Dan had a great day. He was very loved by his girls tonight. Ab made him a card and I got him tickets for us to go see a country music concert this summer. It's at a camp ground! I totally think he needs to wear boots and a big belt buckle that says DAN on it. ;) hehe I know you understand that.

Oh my this comment was long! Nite Nite! XOXO Pol

Cheryl said...

That is so sweet. Ellie looks JUST like you in that picture!!! Oh my!! I want to see that list more clearly. You must have so much fun with those kids all day! Happy Birthday, Erin!