Thursday, September 14, 2006

Happy Birthday, Aunt Beth!


Today is a very special day for a very special lady, my Aunt Beth (also known as AB, to those of you who read the comments on this blog). She is my mom's older sister and, as she chose to never had kids of her own, has been a closer-than-average aunt to all of us. She and my Uncle Del currently reside in Minnesota (in one of the coolest houses I've ever seen). Aunt Beth became a scientist by profession back when women didn't really do that sort of thing, and she continues to be a scientist by nature - constantly experimenting and learning. I often think that having her in the family is like having our own personal reference librarian. She is a great "go-to girl" for any information. By being such a constant learner she's always trying new things, which is great for ol' stuck-in-a-rut me. Many of my best recipes are ones she got me to go out on a limb and try. And what's more, she still sends random care packages that show up in our mailbox for no reason other than, "Got a great deal on these pajamas. Enjoy!" And what else says pampering like a new pair of pj's?! May she enjoy some pampering of her own today. Our best wishes, Aunt Beth!

3 comments:

Jewels said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Beth!

Anonymous said...

She may be an experimentalist, but she's got a memory like a sieve -- keeps forgetting to refresh her "bookmark" for blog updates. Had a delightful b-day...tracking down a transcript, playing duplicate bridge (with more success than usual, presumably due to increased maturity), and grilling fresh garden veggies-- well, UD grilled, as it was my day.
Thanks.
AB

Bob said...

Glad you had a nice day...and that you remembered how to read the blog. I was starting wonder where you were.