Monday, October 02, 2006

The Littlest Ballerina

Each week when we've left Ellie for her ballet classes, Erin has been heartbroken. Last week she cried to me, "But I love the beautiful balleriner girls!" So today I brought her home, put her in Ellie's dress-up tutu, and let her do her own dancing. We have a video which is like a virtual ballet class with a ballerina teaching the TV audience as if they were in her studio, then directing them as they dance a part in The Nutcracker. It's so cute to watch Erin because she tries so hard to do just what the teacher does, and she's so intent! She also responds verbally to all the teacher's instructions like (our personal favorite), "Make sure your bum is under you." Anyway, these are some of the many pictures I took. They were just too cute to post only one.




7 comments:

Jewels said...

Reminds me of Maria watching Barney or Bridget watching Blue's Clues!

Bob said...

I know! We figure the reason she answers back to videos is because of Blue's Clues and Dora. She also gives verbal responses in church now.

Anonymous said...

obviously talented.
AB

Bob said...

Why are you posting comments at 3:56 AM?! Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Anonymous said...

erin--I'll be waiting to see you in the Nutcracker.

Great Baboo

Anonymous said...

Erin,

You are just too cute! It is obvious that you have the talent to be a beautiful balleriner girl.

XOXOX
Baboo

Team Smith said...

Reminds me of good times at the bowling alley practicing ballet, Bob. She must take after her mother.

Thanks for posting all of the pictures. Made me laugh until I cried.

Love,
Mart