Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Turkeys

"For the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations"
Psalm 100:5


Matt and Joe had a fog day today; their second one this year. Hope we have a mild winter...not really. Anyway, it was great to have them both here all day, and it was nice timing as I had a little craft prepared for a day such as this. Joe and Ellie made these turkeys, which are attached to cans for holding little notes of what we're thankful for. After we made the turkeys I got out my Bible to read Psalm 100 about thankfulness. As soon as I said I was going to read Psalm 100, Joe said, "Psalm 100..." and proceeded to recite the entire psalm from memory! It just totally freaked me out! I guess he's been memorizing this with his Sunday School class for some time now, but I had no idea. I just sat there with my mouth hanging open, thinking, "How is he doing that?!" So, I guess I don't have a child who can spontaneously spurt scripture, but it did make for a nice moment. As you can see from the picture, Erin didn't make a turkey, so she felt that she had to act like one.

One thing I can put in the turkey cans tonight is that Matt painted our registers today. Some were black, some were green, some were brown, and one was even pink...all were chipped and very yucky looking. Now all are black and glossy, and while they don't look like new, they're pretty good for being 100 years old. Matt has a very sore index finger tonight from the spray paint can. I laughed at him for that one, but he hardly ever complains, so it must really hurt.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

But now the registers look even more inviting as a hiding place for little things! Nice job, Matt.

And I'm sure that the turkey cans will be overflowing by T-day. We haven't seen our flock recently, but we did hear them in the summer. If they're smart, they'll be hiding.
Love,
AB

Bob said...

We only found a couple little treasures hiding in the air vents when we removed the registers this time. Alas, I do believe that stage has passed.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bobbi,
I love the turkeys, send me the directions sometime - I might like to make them with my kids at school. You are just too creative.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Nice looking register covers! It sounds like you all had a fun day.

Bob said...

Thanks, Susan. I'll get a closer picture and email you directions sometime this weekend.

Thanks, AB and Julia, for the compliments about the register covers. I'll pass them on to Matt because I doubt anybody will notice when they actually visit the house.