Saturday, December 02, 2006

Blog? What Blog?

So I haven't been the most faithful blogger for the past couple weeks...something had to give. Hopefully, I'm back now.

We got our Christmas tree today...yippee! It's all decorated now and gorgeous. I think I suffer from Christmas Tree Lot Proportion Distortion Disorder (CTLPDD). No matter what the little measuring device says, I cannot judge the size of a tree when it's under the wide, blue sky. We get our trees home and either have to lop off two feet from the top to make it stand up in our living room or stand back and wish it were just a little closer to the ceiling. Our tree is definitely on the large side this year, probably in reaction to our tree being on the small side last year. I was looking for "bigger", and BIGGER I got. After losing count of how many hundreds of lights I was having to put on, I decided that it was way too big, so next year we'll be looking for "smaller"...which means, of course, that Erin will be able to put the star on the top while standing flatfooted on the floor.

As I was stringing the lights on the tree, I was listening to a Point of Grace Christmas CD and ended up hitting repeat on the song "Let There Be Light" about twenty times...

"Let there be light!
Let it shine bright!
Piercing the darkness with dazzling white.
Hope for the hopeless was born on that night,
when God sent His Son,
He said, 'Let there be light!' "

The joy of this time of year just seems to grow deeper with each passing year!

I'll try to post some pictures later...I'm not that far back into the blog yet.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not just CTLPPD, you also had (still have?) proportional estimation disorder in the kitchen. I'm sure these two are genetically linked. But in spite of these, probably heriditary, issues you do manage through dosings, decisions, and celebration. Glad you're back -- enjoy the anticipation.
Love,
AB

Bob said...

Oh, I definitely still have proportional estimation problems in the kitchen, AB! At least it's a shortcoming that can be compensated for with some measuring cups and spoons.

Jewels said...

Hi Bob, We had a bit of that disorder too over the years but now it is
cured as we resorted to the artificial tree which still isn't up yet.
Hmm, I just reminded John and he laughed and said, Oh yeah. Glad to
hear your tree is up & decorated! Hey, your pix on today's post aren't showing up!

Bob said...

In the midst of all the hassle over setting up the real tree, I always say, "Next year, artificial!" but so far it's still real.

Anonymous said...

Get with it you young folks, they aren't "artificial" trees, they are "permanent"! We've yet to cross the pond to cut the one we picked out last summer. So, you're both ahead.

As for compensating for estimation disorders, tape measures and yardsticks work outside as well as in. Then, there is the measurement unit called the "Fred".
AB

Bob said...

WHAT is a "Fred"?

We had a pole for measuring the tree, but it does no good. My mind sees what it sees.