Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Fun Book Game

Julia blogged about this, and I thought it looked like it could be fun.

The rules are:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next four sentences on your blog (or here in the comments if you don't have a blog), along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that “cool” or “intellectual” book in your closet. I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest!


I stuck to the rules and my nearest book is a kids' book that barely has 123 pages.

"A little distance away, Klaus leaned against the rail. Now that the Mayflower no longer pitched and rolled, Sarah dared to go over to him. 'Are you glad we're here?' she asked.
"Aye, Lass'."

And I do believe that's the first time I've ever typed the words "aye, lass".

5 comments:

pearlie said...

Aye, lass.
My first time too!
Sorry, can't help it =D

Anonymous said...

"Are there documents that bear this out?"
"Official history," the colonel said with a bitter smile, "is written by the victors. According to oficial history, men like me don't exist. No, behind the story of the hay wain lies something else. The Temple's secret nucleus moved to a quiet spot, and from there they began to extend their underground network..."
Are we creating a communal story?AB

Jewels said...

You probably read that to your kids though, and I wonder what they thought. You are a good mother.

Anonymous said...

From Crockett's Victory Gardens:

So I sometimes use my own medium of one part peat moss, one part garden loam, and one part sand (not beach sand, which is salty) and a slow-release fertilizer (14-14-14). Ordinarily I use the packaged mix for the small containers and my home-mixed soil for the large ones.

One problem common to all container-grown palnts is this:when the pots sit in the mid-summer sun, the soil becomes too hot for healthy plants. I counteract this by grouping my plants together so the foliage will shade the pots, then I either plungs the pots in peat moss or sand to hold moisture or I toss some mulch over the pots to further shade the roots from the sun.

******
I think Crockett missed English 101 about run-on sentences.

Mom B

Bob said...

Fun excerpts, Mom and AB!

Maeghan - it's a great line, isn't it? I think I need to start throwing it into my everyday conversation.

Julia - Haven't read it yet. It was laying out because we just got it. It's a series of books which are historical fiction (sort of like the American Girl books) but they're written from a Christian perspective.