Sunday, December 24, 2006

Happy Birthday, Jesus!


We started a new tradition tonight by have a Jesus birthday cake. The kids loved it! (Well, duh, I guess that's a given, considering it's CAKE!)

As I head off to bed, I'm thinking of a song we've sung in church.

How deep the Father's love for us!
How vast beyond all measure!

That He would give His only Son
to make a wretch His treasure.

How awesome to remember that Jesus came to live with and rescue those who were His enemies (Romans 5:10). The truth of Christmas makes God's gracious gift so much more meaningful.

3 comments:

Jewels said...

What a great ending to a great birthday month!

pearlie said...

Well, duh, I guess that's a given, considering it's CAKE!

=D Wish I were there too!

Great words of a song. What song is it?

Anyway, thought I'd also let you know that someone left you a comment
here .

Merry Christmas and a blessed 2007 to you and all at home!

Bob said...

I don't know the name of the song, Maeghan...and I really don't remember many of the other words. That little part of it was just running through my mind.