Thursday, September 06, 2007

THE Little Twirly Dress

When Ellie was in her "dresses-only" stage a couple years ago, I bought this little number at WalMart. It soon became her favorite, and she wore it almost every day the summer that she was three. When I packed it away at the end of that summer, I was already looking forward to seeing it again when Erin was three. It has been Erin's favorite dress, too, which has only added to its sentimental value. So here we are, approaching the end of the summer, and I know that soon I'm going to have to pack it away, this time, for good. I know I'll heave a pretty hefty sigh as I do. It will probably end up going into the box reserved for the most special clothes, which I will keep. Not a bad fate for a little $7 dress from WalMart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob, I love your blog! I just caught up on the last few blog posts, and I each was wonderful. I think Ellie looks exactly like you! I love her Hello Kitty backback. All the kids are growing fast, even baby pumpkin. I call him pumpkin, because I call everything adorable Pumpkin! :o) Enjoy your afternoons with just Erin and Daniel, for when the troops come home I am sure the noise level rises! :o) You are such a great mommy. I think that is so cool that Matt looped with the class.

Abbi loves 5th grade, but the spelling words are waaaay harder it seems. Mommy can't even keep straight the ei or the ie rule. Too many "except for" words. ha.

Much love to you guys. Keep checking my blog. I am sorry I don't have a comment thing! I need to add that! xoxo Pol

Jewels said...

Bobbie- Save it for the granddaughters!

Bob said...

I will, Jewels. It's good to know that there may be more three-year-old twirlers in my future.

Bob said...

Pol, you've definitely got it right about the noise level. I'm having a blast with just the younger two during the days.

Glad to hear 5th grade is going well. I guess your spelling will get better this year, too!

I hope you can get a "comment thing" soon!