Friday, October 05, 2007

Vintage

Sometimes "vintage" is a good word... Our computer crashed last month (first time ever!), and we had to take it to an Apple store where I had an appointment with one of their "geniuses" to see if he could get us back up and going. As soon as he saw our computer he told us that it was "vintage", and I thought, "cool". Then I learned that "vintage" is just a nice way of saying "if your hard drive is gone, we can't replace it". Thankfully, our genius came through for us and was able to repair our hard drive without losing any of our stuff (most of which wasn't backed up). He told me I should thank my lucky stars...I don't believe in lucky stars...It was the hand of God. He also told me to run, not walk, and buy an external hard drive, so that when this seven-year-old dinosaur crashes for good, all our "stuff" will be safe and sound.

My technological education comes in spurts, probably because I have no interest in "pushing the envelope". If it does what I want it to do, great. If it's not broke, I ain't fixin' it. Then it does break, and I have to get a bunch of new stuff in my head, just to make things work again. Fortunately, I found a very knowledgeable and helpful guy at Best Buy (Can you believe it?!) and he got me all set up with my new external hard drive. I just feel so up-to-the-minute. Please don't burst my bubble.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But have you downloaded your stuff yet? Having technology is not the same as using it.

Glad you're back in business.
Love you,
AB