Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday #4

Tonight I'm thankful for cold weather and warm memories. When we bought these sweatshirts at the Outer Banks last summer the temperature was close to 100... that would be a 100+ departure from our air tonight! In July, it was hard to believe we'd need these extra layers someday, but I knew that when we did, we'd be thankful for the bright colors and the sunny memories they evoked.


It is incredibly frigid out there tonight, but even that is a reminder of God's faithfulness to His promises.

"While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
And cold and heat,
And summer and winter,
And day and night
Shall not cease."
Genesis 8:22

On a lighter note, I have one more thing that I'm thankful for. Behold...


It's my laundry room floor! I knew it was down there somewhere. I finally found it today. It feels good to be caught up. Now nobody is allowed to change clothes for the next five days!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

You are hilarious with your clean laundry room floor! How true it is... I always feel so great when I am all caught up with it . . . but then tomorrow comes.

Anonymous said...

I love the floor!!! Mine bed is covered in clean laundry and clean sheet and I keep wondering who is going to put it all away for me? :)

Where did you go in NC? We are planning a trip in September!

Love ya, Bob! Email me anytime! xOXO

Jewels said...

I have an OBX sweatshirt too that adds a bright element to the sometimes gloom around here :)