Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Father Ducks

You always hear about the Mother Duck... Here's a picture of Matt and the dad across the street leading the neighborhood brood down to the park for some sledding today. There's a total of five kids there! The Mama Ducks were home with the babies this year, but next year, there'll be seven kids in the line-up!



The report was that the sledding was OK. It's VERY cold and the floofy snow was sort of hard to plow through. We're loving it, though. Doesn't it look beautiful?

Matt's school had an early release today as the snow didn't arrive until after the buses ran in the morning. Maybe tomorrow will be the snow day.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I hope you get your snow day tomorrow! I'm hoping for one, too, but whenever I hope for one, it doesn't happen. Remember when we had two whole weeks in a row in Virginia??? That was awesome!! (and Matt trudged through all that snow to see you before you even knew he liked you!!)

Anonymous said...

I love that pic, Bob. We have a delay today, and I love slow mornings. I was reading Proverbs and loved this one...

A simple life in the fear of God is better than a rich life with a ton of headaches. - Proverbs 15:16

Don't you love that? We ARE rich indeed with friends and quiet moments. I am working on my do less resolution. :) Love you, Bob. Have a wonderful day! XOXO

p.s. Can I borrow your Thankful Thursday idea?? :) I love it.

ali said...

Great picture! Thanks for adding us to your blogroll. We have enjoyed reading your blog, so I added it to my blogroll. :) I would have loved to watch the little ducklings sled, but it was SO cold yesterday I was happy to be inside with the baby, waiting with hot chocolate!

p.s. I love that you called our houses "vintage"

Bob said...

Cheryl - It didn't happen for us today either, but it was OK. I'm getting better about not pouting. Those two weeks in VA were awesome!

Pol - Of course, use the Thankful Thursday idea. Can't wait to read it!

Allison/Ali? - I'm not used to thinking of you as Ali. So glad you added us on your blogroll. This will be fun!