Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekend Happenings

Saturday was a big day in our house. In the afternoon we hosted Joe's piano recital, and we were so thrilled with the turn-out. Many extended family members were here (including Joe's cousin Nathan, which made his day!). His very special, very encouraging piano teacher has her students give individual recitals at which they play a collection of pieces they've learned during their course of study. I can see some nerves on his face as his teacher welcomes everyone....


He played so well, though! This is Joe's second year in piano, and it's been exciting to see him grow in skill and in perseverance as he's studied this year. Praise the Lord for the talent He's developing in Joe!


And, since we had everyone here anyway, we did a little birthday partying! Matt is offically golden now! You can see he's not taking it too seriously, though!

My mom got Matt several gifts that were things in 50's, like pads of paper, vitamins, etc. The best one, however was a container with 50 lizard'ns and frog'ns in it! That's at least a few weeks of quiet playtime right there! Did I mention they stick to the ceiling?

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend.I need to start my kids on piano. (we are getting one soon, donated by my mom's cousin) You can rent Charlie and Lola DVDs at the library. That is usually what we do and I bet you can watch episodes on the computer. Anyway . . . sorry I didn't get a card out to Matt in time for his big day. I hope he got my e-mail in time. :) We've been spending our weekend doing funeral stuff. I'm thankful for my husband tonight.

Bob said...

I'll have to check the library for the DVD's. Good idea!

Yes, Matt got your very kind email. He was starting to write you back, but then got wrapped up in our busy preparations for the weekend. I think you'll be hearing from him soon.

I have been praying for the Fitzgerald family and will continue to do so, especially through the day tomorrow. I know what you mean about being thankful for your husband. "The house of mourning" is a good place to be, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

hi Bob!
Love the pics of Joe and the piano recital. What a sweet face. I feel so bad for the Fitzgerald family. What was Kristin's maiden name? What year did she graduate from TU? Dan and I were trying to figure that out. Wow, it makes me thankful, but so sad for her and her girls. Life is short and very precious.

Please tell Matt hello and happy birthday from us!! His hat is WAY cool, by the way. =) Love you guys.

Bob said...

Hey, Pol - It's Kristin Wohlgemuth, class of '93. Do you remember her?

Jewels said...

Hi Bob - I didn't realize Matt was that age - I just thought he was prematurely gray. You all do so well to keep him young at heart. The name helps too :)