Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Tonight I'm simply thankful for this dear girl who is turning 7 this weekend. I've been working on her slide show and am feeling sentimental. For some reason, her birthdays are always the hardest ones for me. She's the one who seems to change every time I blink my eyes! (I really love that about her, though.) Tonight she was busy working on her "book" called The Life of Joe, Ellie, Erin, and Daniel. She's been working on it for at least a week now, and I think it's precious...fully illustrated, of course. Maybe someday I can put an excerpt on the blog. What a precious blessing her life is to our whole family!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

She looks so much like you!! I feel the same way about Caroline getting older. . . she keeps changing so much. When I look back at pictures I took a few months ago she looks younger. I just want to bottle my kids up and keep them little forever! (even though I keep liking each new stage) I love how you make birthdays so special. On a different note... did you read the blog about Marceline Romig? (www.reaganisourjoy.blogspot.com) I was wondering if you knew her in college.

Anonymous said...

Bob,
Her change probably reflects yours, and letting go/moving on is always a bit of a wrench. Ah, but what opportunities await...both of you.
Love,
AB

Anonymous said...

oh bob, she looks exactly like YOU! what a doll! I know...each stage is precious, but they grow fast. I promise each age gets more fun. I do wish abbi was 4 again somedays. I swear I would be more relaxed and less of a spazz now... maybe. ;)

Cheryl, please email me, cause I for some reason can't comment on your blog! xoxo