Friday, September 08, 2006

Beautiful Day!

It was a picture perfect day here, so I took several and thought I'd share a couple. For the past month I've been in my "transition mode" (not a favorite of mine) and today was the first day that things started to feel routine and normal. I know my transitions aren't usually as dramatic as those of the Israelites, but I always feel like I have a better understanding of Isaiah 43:2 after I come through them. "When you pass through the waters I will be with you: and through the rivers, they will not overflow you..." I'm so thankful to be drawing a breath on the other side of this river of change.

The girls and I took a picnic down the street to the park for lunch and had a delightful time nibbling our PB&J and apple slices. As we were eating, we could hear some nearby church bells playing "Christ the Lord is Risen Today". We learned this song as a family at Easter, and Ellie recognized it. She perked up and sat very quietly, listening to every note. It was just one of those "I'm so thankful" moments. Then that song was going through my head all day, which is a nice thing.

Tonight after supper we had some family time in the backyard. "The big, red ball" is always a favorite, especially when Matt is in the game!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls look like twins in the first picture. What a wonderful day! There is something special about a picnic.

Mom B.

Jewels said...

Awesome pictures! Yes, they do look like twins. And what a great white picket fence.

I always get hit by a great case of fatigue in September, but it either goes away, or I get used to it.

Bob said...

Thanks. Matt designed and built that fence himself. He'll make one for you but it'll cost...it's one of those HUGE projects that he never wants to repeat!

Team Smith said...

It looks like so much fun. You are a great mom!