Tuesday, December 05, 2006

For Mothers

I've been reading A Mom After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George. The title refers to the mother who views her job as mother as an appointment from the Lord and seeks Him and His will as revealed through Scripture, in that role. I came across an inspiring quote this evening in the chapter entitled "Train Your Children in God's Ways".
"God has entrusted you with a new generation. And He's also given you all of the grace and strength and power and wisdom and love you will need for every step and second along the way. Believe it and own it. Never forget - you are a mom after God's heart. For this you were born."
That is so reassuring!

The author also shares what she calls "the most frightening 'mom' verse in the Bible", Prov. 23:6: "My son, give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways."

There's my dose of conviction for the day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

La Pieta!
Do you know if this is the same Elizabeth George that writes mysteries?
AB

Jewels said...

What a great verse!

Bob said...

Hi, AB,

Different Elizabeth George.