Monday, December 04, 2006

My Slippers

I try not to be a clothing martyr, but I had to post this picture of my slippers. I think they're about ten years old, and they're obviously well-loved. I wear them all the time in the colder months. (I guess a better word for them would be "house shoes", but that sounds sort of dowdy.) They've got a cork footbed which is still just awesome, even after all the wear. The toes have worn through on top because I've spent so much time on my knees the past few years...not praying, but playing, (which can also be worshipful). I somehow misplaced these old faithful's on Friday and had to spend the whole weekend feeling out of sorts, like something vital was missing. I'm not used to wearing just socks. Alas, today Ellie found them for me on the shoe rack right where they should have been! Of course, I never put them there (because I always need them), so I'm thinking Matt must have tried to be helpful and put them away for me. How sweet. (Let me point out that this is far from being the first time Matt has had to pick up my shoes. I'm terrible about leaving shoes lay, and then I just don't notice them. I can walk around a pair of shoes for a week, then spend ten minutes looking for where I left them. Matt is such a good husband to still laugh about this.)

I have a strong suspicion that I may get some replacement slippers as a gift sometime this month. I'll miss these guys, but it will be nice to have slippers that keep even my big toes warm.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must have a very loving husband to pick up after you! Of course, he must have a very loving wife that does his laundry, makes his meals, irons his clothes, feeds and disciplines his kids (this probably being the hardest task of them all!). I'm sure he's so glad that nine years ago tomorrow he asked you to become his wife!

Bob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob said...

Getting kind of mushy there, but I'll give you some bonus points for it.

And I'm so glad I said "yes".

Jewels said...

Was the deleted comment the mushy one? I was just thinking what germ bags those slippers must be but I hope that doesn't ruin it for ya!

Bob said...

The deleted comment was one where I was a too sarcastic. Is Matt's comment not mushy to you? At our house, that qualifies.

I can't believe you thought that about my slippers! :)

Jewels said...

Yeah, his comment was mushy, but I thought there might be more. I can imagine the sarcasm that could have come...

I would love germbags like that, too, but something like a 20/20 special would come along and ruin it for me...

Bob said...

Beware the 20/20 specials!!