Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

For tonight's Thankful Thursday post, I'm rewinding back to our homeschool Valentine party held last Friday. (This is the beginning of the week in rewind, but it works out that it is something I'm truly thankful for, too.) Last Friday morning we got all ready to go, the kids all toting their Valentine boxes with them....


Yes, they are all pretty cute, but I was mostly thankful that they were DONE for another year!

Then, the party...this is one shot that shows one of the things I'm most thankful for about homeschooling.
In this picture the kids are doing a little game to split up into teams for relays. Just look at the teams...that's what I love. See all the ages mixed together? These kids are such a blessing to be around! At one point, Erin was playing with some girls when she fell and hit her head on the floor. I saw it happen, but before I could even get to her, one of the teens had swooped her up and was comforting her. Wonderful! The kids played lots of games, then one of the moms led devotions (and that part was so well done the kids even remembered it that night at supper).

So...lots of fun for the kids. I don't have that many pictures of it because while they all played, I was having a very encouraging time talking with the other moms. That's something I'm super thankful for!

Yes, the valentine party post definitely belonged on a Thursday.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

It's so good to have you back. I've missed your comments. :) You're my faithful blog reader.
Those Valentine boxes are super cute!! I understand why you are glad they are finished, though. (lots of time went into those, I bet!) It is so great that you have a good group of homeschoolers. Sounds like so much fun. What a blessing!

Cheryl said...

Oh, the guitar is Jake's. One of John's students who plays in the praise band at school is teaching him. (for cheap) Can't wait until our little "band" is ready to be heard!!

Anonymous said...

I loved this post! What a fun day and I also love the mixed ages in kids. Homeschooling has so MANY wonderful benefits... especially when they have the best teacher. ;) XOXO